The 32nd Annual Destin Seafood FestivalSeptember 15, 2010
The 32nd Annual Destin Seafood Festival is this Weekend, Sept. 17-19!!!Â The Seafood Festival has a new location and will setup shop on the Destin Harbor at the Destin Fishing Fleet Marina, City of Destin Royal Melvin Heritage Park, and Fishermanâ€™s Wharf.Â
- Â Friday @ 8pm:
- Starship â€“ Performing hits by Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and Starship.
- Saturday @ 8pm:
- LOVERBOY â€“ Performing hits including â€śWorking for the Weekend,â€ť â€śThe Kid is Hot Tonight,â€ť â€śTurn Me Loose,â€ť and â€śHot Girls in Love.â€ť
Other Entertainment includes Black Eyed Blonde, The Blackbirds, Donnie Sundal, The Sal Salaz Project, Jones and Company, and The Forrest Williams Band.
The stage will be located by the docks, facing east, near Dewey Destin and will have room for 8,000 to 10,000 people.
The festival will also feature arts and crafts vendors, prizes and a kidsâ€™ area with rock climb, inflatableâ€™s and more.
There will be both exotic and local foods with 20 vendors on site.Â Some of the local restaurants will include Louisiana Lagniappe, Fishermanâ€™s Wharf, Caribbean CafĂ©, McGuireâ€™s, The Back Porch, Papa Johnâ€™s Pizza, and San Gelato.Â There will also be traditional carnival foods like pretzels and funnel cakes.
Admission & Parking:
Free Admission to Children Under 12
- Friday & Saturday – $5
- Sunday – $10
- Weekend Pass (3 Day) – $15
There will be no on-site parking, but a free shuttle service will run from the following locations:
- The Morganâ€™s Sport Center Parking Lot
- The Track Recreation Centerâ€™s West Lot
- Downtown Destin Shopping Center (Old Time Pottery)
The shuttle service will run 30 minutes prior to opening and 30 minutes after the festival closes
- Destin History and Fishing Museum will provide parkingÂ for a donation of $5, to support the Museum.Â These lots will be located at 108 Stahlman Avenue.Â They will be opened from 3 to 9 pm on Sept. 17, 9am to 9pm on Sept. 18, and 10am to 4pm on Sept. 19.Â Each car parked will receive a $5 dollar coupon for AJâ€™s Seafood andÂ Oyster BarÂ and one free admission the Destin History and Fishing Museum.
- HarborWalk Village will provide parking for a donation of $5 and will include a $5 coupon redeemable for the weekend at particaping merchants.
- St. Andrews By-the-Sea Episcopal ChurchÂ will provide parkingÂ for $10Â for the Front Lot and $5 DollarsÂ for the back lot on Mountain Drive. Proceeds will help fund the churchâ€™s outreach program.
- Pelican Adventures at East Pass MarinaÂ will be opening its parking lots for $10 on Friday and Saturday and $7 on Sunday.
This entry was posted in Area & Community, Events and Activities and tagged Destin Fishing Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.