High-Flying FunJuly 8, 2010
Pensacola Beach Air Show, July 9-10
Get ready to witness exhilarating stunts and heart-stopping maneuvers at the Pensacola Beach Air Show, July 9-10. The Navy’s flight demonstration team, the Blue Angels, along with civilian and other military aircraft will perform aerial acrobatics over the Gulf of Mexico during a weekend of high-flying fun. Air show fans will have four opportunities to see the world-famous Blues in action on Pensacola Beach.
The week kicks off with Blue Angels jets performing Circle & Arrival maneuvers at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, July 7. The Blues will also perform a practice session at 2 p.m. on Thursday, July 8. The full dress rehearsal begins at noon on Friday, July 9 and includes civilian and other military aircraft with the Blue Angels flying Fat Albert (C-130) and F/A-18 Hornets. The main event, the Pensacola Beach Air Show, kicks off at noon on Saturday, July 10, with the Blue Angels flying at 2 p.m.
Aircraft and teams participating in the Pensacola Beach Air Show include:
- Grumman Widgeon G-44 flown by Julian MacQueen
- Prometheus flown by Skip Stewart
- Team RV
- Red Star and the Dragonâ€“Dragon Aviation
- Fat Albert, a C-130 Hercules
- The Blue Angels F/A-18 Hornets
The complete Pensacola Beach Air Show schedule is as follows:
- July 7 at 8 a.m. – Blue Angels Circle and Arrival maneuvers.
- July 8 at 2 p.m. – Blue Angels Practice Air Show.
- July 9 at Noon – Full Dress Rehearsal of Pensacola Beach Air Show. Blue Angels fly at 2 p.m.
- July 10 at Noon – Pensacola Beach Air Show. Blue Angels fly at 2 p.m.
Other weekend activities on the beach include the Sounds of Summer free concert series featuring The Blenders, Friday-Sunday, July 9-11.
For a complete schedule of Pensacola Beach Air Show activities, contact the Pensacola Beach Visitors Information Center at (850) 932-1500 or (800) 635-4803. All events are subject to weather conditions and can change without prior notice.
This entry was posted in Area & Community, Events and Activities and tagged Destin FL. Bookmark the permalink.